Monday, 07. January 2019
Runner’s Survey 2018: We take your feedback seriously
The annual survey on behalf of the SwissCityMarathon – Lucerne was conducted again by the company Amrein & Heller MarktforschungsTreuhand AG. More than 4200 runner’s (45%) answered the questions and provide important guidance for future adjustments.
We take your valuable feedback’s into consideration for the planning of the 2019 edition.
Some results of the survey:
- The general satisfaction was answered with over 97% good or very good votes.
- More than 95% of the runners would recommend the SwissCityMarathon to their friends. Many thanks for that!
- Travel by public transport (bus / train) to the event has increased by a total of 13% since the introduction of the SwissRunners Ticket and is now at already 71%.
- The frequency of participation in running events is increasing, so that 75% of runners take part in several events per year.
- The unique atmosphere along the course, thanks to the many spectators and the numerous music formations, is most memorable for the participants.
- The finish area (e.g. space conditions, catering, toiletts, signalling) can be further optimised.
More findings from the survey:
- Runners from all 26 cantons of Switzerland and a total of 91 different nations took part in this year's SwissCityMarathon.
- The proportion of women over the entire event is 37%, while the proportion at the 10KM is over 50%.
- Already 6% of all participants made use of the possibility to run without ranking.
We will keep you informed about the concrete adjustments for the upcoming 2019 event.