Wednesday, 03. July 2019
Training tips for the summer
The hot days in summer invite you to swim in the cool lake - for those of you who still don't want to stop with your running training, we have put together some training tips for the summer!
- A diet rich in vitamins and minerals is even more important at high temperatures, because a lot of electrolytes are lost during sweating. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Drink enough before the run
- Wear light and breathable clothing
- A cool shower before the run can be very pleasant
- Don't forget the sunprotection! Use a low-fat sun cream. Creams containing grease can clog the pores and prevent sweating, wear an air-permeable cap for running
- Intensive training is a high requirement for the body. Do not run in the blazing sun, run if possible in the shade or in the forest. Plan your training early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Take it slow and reduce your running/training workload
- In case of headaches, hot and cold showers, stomach pains or cramps, you should stop running immediately, look for shade and walk slowly.