Latest press releases
Press Releases 2018 (German only)
- AIMS Greenaward für den SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne 2018 - Bilanz
- MSD ist Charity Supporting Partner beim SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- PluSport am SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- Coop verlängert Partnerschaft mit SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- Charity - Run for UNICEF
- Peak Punk neuer Verpflegungspartner beim SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- 5-Sterne Zertifikat für den SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- 6. Platz bei Marathon4you für den SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
Press review - Reports and pictures of past events
The SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne in brief
The SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne is the marathon in Switzerland and always takes place on the last Sunday in October. The course is a circuit in the length of a half marathon with start and finish at the Swiss Museum of Transport.
From the start, the course leads along the traditional luxury hotels of the city and passes beside the Hofkirche. With a great view of the Chapel Bridge and the water tower, you run in front of the Culture and Congress Centre Lucerne on the other side of the lake. The route continues around the Horw peninsula with a view of the imposing mountain panorama of Central Switzerland along Lake Lucerne. The route then leads through the modern football stadium, home of FC Lucerne, back to the city and through the heart of the KKL Lucerne, into the picturesque old town to the unique finish area in the Swiss Museum of Transport.
In Lucerne, runners have the opportunity to start over the marathon, half-marathon or 10KM distance. For teams of two there is the possibility for a joint start at the DuoMarathon (2x21km) and for children between 4-6 years the Maratholino (195m) Lucerne or Horw offers a first experience in running.
At the SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne everyone is a winner. Around 30 music formations and over 40,000 spectators line the edge of the course and applaud the runners.
The next SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne will take place on 27 October 2019. This is the 13th edition of the popular running event!