What you can contribute…
- I train locally in my surrounding area and don’t drive to the training location by car.
- I travel to the event and home by public transport.
- I show my starting documents at the start number issue digitally and thus avoid unnecessary paper printouts.
- I do not use disposable products such as plastic covers, garbage bags or similar, which I simply throw away at the starting line.
- I voluntarily renounce give-aways and goodies that I do not need.
- During running I throw my used (and recyclable!) cardboard cups from the nutrition points into the appropriate yellow containers.
- I dispose packaging of my own running food (such as energy gel, etc.) properly and do not throw it simply on the track.
- I generally make sure that I do not litter and dispose my waste properly.
- Optional: With the voluntary CO2 - franc I support the local project of the OAK Schwyz for an optimized, functional and climate-adapted forest management in Central Switzerland’s forests. 100% of the donated amount will be given to the project and thus directly benefits nature. The CO2 – franc can be donated at the registration process.
What we contribute …
As organisers of the SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne, we have committed ourselves to make the event as sustainable as possible - in social, economic & ecological terms. We are happy to present a (small!) selection of our measures, based on which we have already received various awards from Swiss Olympic, WWF Switzerland, Saubere Veranstaltung (former ecosport.ch), Federal Office for Spatial Development (ARE) and the Association of International Marathons & Distance Races (AIMS):
- Free travel to the event and home with public transport (within Switzerland) for all participants thanks to the SwissRunners - Ticket
- Provision of over 150 disposal stations for the proper collection of waste along the course and at spectator hotspots. So-called "Clean Team Volunteers" additionally ensure clean streets and squares.
- Use of recyclable cardboard cups at all nutrition points and at the finish of the SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne
- Production of the ASICS - Finishershirt made of 100% recycled polyester
- Cooperation with the Max Havelaar Foundation for acquiring certified fairtrade products
- Cooperation with the organisation OAK Schwyz to promote climate-adapted forest management in Central Switzerland
- Cooperation with SUVA and PluSport for the integration of runners with mental or physical impairments
- Cooperation with UNICEF to support aid programmes for children
- Cooperation with authorities for the integration of refugees
…and a lot more. You will find our whole commitment here.