This year's circumstances present us with great challenges. But we are doing everything we can to hold a safe and unique running event on October 31, 2021. In order to be able to guarantee this, some things have to be different this year.
Schedule of the SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne 2021
- 1. registration
As in previous years, registration takes place via our registration platform.
The following information will be given:
- Start slot
- T-Shirt size (subject to availability)
- Shipping or collection of the start package. For the shipping to the deposited address CHF 12.- shipping costs will be charged.
The number of participants per slot is limited. First come, first served.
Here you can check how many places are still available per slot: Starting slots, available slots
The registration will be confirmed and a check-in and boarding time will be assigned.
Registration closes on October 15, 2021, for groups already on September 15, 2021.
Start number transfer to another person is not possible this year for contact tracing reasons.
- 2. start package
The race number, the finisher shirt, a bag for the clothes drop-off, goodies from our partners etc. will be provided in a start package before the event.
When registering, you can choose between delivery or pick-up of the package.
By choosing the delivery option, everything will be conveniently mailed to the address provided by October 25.
The pick-up option requires a personal pick-up at the Hotel Schweizerhof, Lucerne. The following time slots are available.
- Thursday, 28.10.2021
- Friday, 29.10.2021
- Saturday, 30.10.2021
If the package does not arrive at the deposited address by October 26, contact the office immediately.
- 3. reminder SMS the day before
A reminder SMS will follow on the day before the event. CheckIn and boarding time must be observed exactly.
- 4. arrival to Lucerne
Travel to the SwissCityMarathon by public transport is highly recommended. Thanks to the SwissRunners ticket, runners travel within Switzerland, free of charge to Lucerne and back again after the race!
The organizer does not offer parking for private vehicles.
- 5. the way to the CheckIn
The easiest way to check in is to take the free ship shuttle from Lucerne train station (bridge 5). The shuttle boats run all day between Lucerne and the Museum of Transport station. The crossing takes about 30 minutes.
Alternatively, you can take the "S3" or the "Voralpenexpress (VAE)" train to the "Luzern Verkehrshaus" stop.
On foot, the Museum of Transport can be reached from Lucerne train station by a wonderful walk along Lake Lucerne within 40min.
- 6. CheckIn
At the check-in the following data of the runners will be checked
- Valid COVID-19 certificate
- Verification of start number
- Handing in event wristband
Those who have passed these items will make their way to the baggage depot.
- 7. luggage deposit
The baggage depot is located after the check-in at the Brüelmoos parking lot. Clothes can be handed in in the dress bag included in the start package. The start number must be noted in the designated field.
- 8. Boarding
Before the start of the race all runners will be checked with their race number and event wristband and then forwarded to the waiting area.
- 9. Rolling Start
Every two seconds a runner starts. The start is signaled by a traffic light.
The participants start in their chosen start slot within the following start times
08.30 to 09.15 Marathon
09.15 to 12.00 Half Marathon
12.45 to 13.15 CityRun
The number of participants per slot is limited. First come, first serve.
Here you can check how many places are still available per slot: Start slots, available slots
- 10. the run
The route for marathon and half marathon runners is identical to previous years. The CityRun also starts in Haldenstrasse. As with the half marathon and marathon, the course leads to the Alpenquai Cantonal School, where the CityRun will turn around.
Refreshments in the form of water and iso-drinks will be provided on the course. The start package includes a bar for the running day. You have to bring your own food and drinks.
First aid will be provided on the course. Medical Info
- 11. finish
As usual, the finish line will be at the Swiss Museum of Transport. Runners and visitors will be separated.
After the finish, the runners will be provided with drinks and first aid.
Afterwards, finish bags and medals will be collected from the self-service system and the runners will be escorted out of the Swiss Museum of Transport.
- 12. luggage return
Dropped off luggage can be picked up after the run in exchange for pre-times of the event wristband and bib number.
- 13. Departure
Full of pride and anticipation for next year, our runners can start their way home.
The easiest way to get to the station is to take the free shuttle boat from the Museum of Transport Lido. The shuttle boats run all day between the Verkehrshaus station and Lucerne train station. The crossing takes about 30 minutes.
Alternatively, the train connections of the "S3" or the "Voralpenexpress (VAE)" can be taken.
On foot, the station can be reached within 40 minutes by a wonderful walk along Lake Lucerne.
Thanks to the SwissRunners ticket, the runners travel free of charge within Switzerland to Lucerne by public transport and back again after the race!
- Distances 2021
- All this is included in the entry fee
- Free arrival by public transport from all over Switzerland!
- Free ship shuttle for runners
- Starting place, personalized start number + access to the digital start bag
- Timing, timing chip, ranking list on the internet
- Medical service
- Luggage depot
- High quality finisher gift
- Free SMS service, certificate for download
*(subject to change)
The association SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne is registered under the number CHE-112.487.804 VAT in the VAT register and has voluntarily opted for the entry fees. The entry fees include 2.5 % VAT.
- Our protection concept
With the support of Manchester Metropolitan University, we simulated the processes of our event and developed a protection concept based on the findings. The following are the most important points. (Status June 8, 2021)
- Implementation of the protection measures in force in the fall (distance rules, mask requirement, contact tracing, access restrictions with COVID-19 certificate etc.)
- Rolling start: The runners start individually every 2 seconds within a 3.5 hour time window. A maximum of 33 runners per minute will start the race. According to the simulations, this ensures that the participants always have a distance of four meters to other runners.
- In order to guarantee the contact tracing, short-term start number transfers are not possible this year.
- No checkrooms and showers, but luggage depot at the parking lot Brüelmoos.
- Reduced offer of catering on the course and at the finish.
- Reduced participation limit
- Delivery / dispatch of start numbers and finisher gifts in advance.