1. These competition regulations are an integral part of the contract between the organizer and the runner. The competition regulations also apply to the registration of other or additional persons (third parties). The organizer assumes that these third parties have authorized the registering person to register. If under-age runners are registered by third parties, the organizer assumes that the consent of the legal representatives has been obtained.
2. Companies that work for us for the organisation and execution of running events, the processing of registrations (online, offline), the administration of participants' data, collection, time measurement, results service, start number processes, participants' recruitment and information process the data on our behalf and only for our purposes. According to the law, we are obliged to control the data processing by these companies and to oblige them not to process the data for their own purposes or to pass it on to third parties.
3. Depending on which company carries out the timekeeping, all runners must open an account with this company. For data processing regarding accounts, the data protection declarations and general terms and conditions of the respective company apply.
4. The use of personal data is regulated in the applicable data protection declaration. The runner undertakes to make the personal data of third parties available to the organizer only if they or their legal representatives know the applicable data protection declaration and they are entitled to do so in accordance with applicable data protection law. The organizer may request the runner at any time to prove the existence of these conditions - in particular the consent of the third parties - within a period of time and may otherwise withdraw from all contracts without further ado. Due to the official requirements of COVID-19, the e-mail address and mobile phone number must be entered during registration.
5. The photos and film recordings made in connection with our running event may be used on TV, the Internet, in our own advertising material, magazines and books without remuneration claims.
6. The event will be held according to the regulations of the Swiss Athletics Association and according to the categories listed in the competition. Anyone who has reached the age stipulated in the call for entries is eligible to enter. The organiser specifies a closing time for each distance on his website. Runners who reach the finish line after this time will not be ranked. The end of the official competition is determined by the broom wagon, which is on its way so that it arrives at the finish line at the end of the race. Runners who are overtaken by the broom wagon must hand in the race number and are no longer part of the official competition.
7. The route is measured in accordance with the provisions of AIMS/IAAF.
8. The time is measured by means of a chip integrated in the start number. The start numbers are unfolded, clearly visible to the front, to be worn on the chest.
9. All participants commit themselves in the interest of the running sport and towards the entire population to adhere to the COVID-19 protection concept in solidarity and with a high degree of self-responsibility and to comply at all times with the protection regulations valid on the day of the run and specified by the authorities and the organiser. The instructions of the route service must be strictly obeyed. Private escorts of runners with vehicles of any kind, especially bicycles and inline skates, are not permitted. A general driving ban applies to the entire running course. Dogs, prams etc. are not allowed! Abbreviations and other unauthorized aids are prohibited. For safety reasons, participation with a wheelchair is not possible. Disqualifications are finally decided by the technical management of the organising committee.
REGISTRATION AND CHANGE
10. The registration can be done online. Registrations by telephone or e-mail will not be accepted. Registrations without receipt of payment within 10 days will not be accepted.
11. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify participants at any time and without refund of the amount of the participant, if they have either provided false information about personal data when registering, fail to comply with the protective measures prescribed by the authorities and/or the organiser or if they suspect that they will go to the start after taking unauthorized substances (such as doping).
12. The organizer can set a limit for the number of participants. If this is achieved, registrations received afterwards cannot be taken into consideration. Registrations will be registered after receipt of payment. In case of a possible reduction of the maximum number of participants due to official requirements, registrations will be considered after receipt of payment.
13. Any changes to the registration can only be made online. A change of distance is possible if starting places are available. Higher entry fees and options will be charged. A refund or credit of too much paid entry fee is excluded.
ACCESS RESTRICTION, CANCELLATION AND REFUND
14. The organiser may restrict access and participation in the event in accordance with the applicable official requirements. If a runner does not meet the entry requirements, there is no right to a refund of the entry fee.If a runner does not start, any claim for reimbursement of the registration fee is void. If a runner is unable to participate due to symptoms or illness (with or without a medical certificate), he/she has no claim to a refund of the registration fee, same as with any other illness.
If you cancel your registration before the communicated deadline, an online voucher will be issued, minus a CHF10 handling fee, valid until the day before the SwissCityMarathon in the following year at the latest.
For inadvertently duplicate registrations, an online voucher, minus CHF10 handling fee, valid until one day before the SwissCityMarathon in the following year at the latest, will be issued.
Vouchers can only be redeemed online and are only valid if starting places are available. Any credits or balances will not be credited or refunded.
If you cancel your registration after the communicated deadline, you will not be entitled to any refund of the registration fee. A transfer of the start number to another person is not possible for reasons of contact tracing.
When registering, you have the option of buying a cancellation insurance. The paid registration fee can be insured in case of accident, illness, or other reasons according to the insurance conditions.
15. The organiser is entitled to cancel, adjust, or postpone the running event for an important reason. An important reason shall be deemed to exist if it becomes impossible to hold the running event at the originally fixed time due to an external, unforeseeable, and unavoidable event of force majeure.
If the event is cancelled or the number of participants is subsequently restricted by official regulations up to 2 days before the date of the event, participants who cannot start have the following options:
- Donate their registration fee to the organiser
- Free transfer of their registration to the SwissCityMarathon - Lucerne in the following year
- Refund of the registration fee less CHF 10 handling fee.
16. Only those who are healthy and fully vaccinated, recovered or tested negative, have no pre-existing conditions or disease/Covid 19 symptoms , may be present at the event. Persons at particular risk must observe the specific requirements of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG). It is recommended to drink enough liquid during and after the run. In case of shortness of breath, dizziness, exhaustion, severe pain and the like, the runner should interrupt or give up the run. Event doctors and paramedics can take runners out of the race at any time if health problems are detected. Persons over 35 years of age, as well as runners with a history of heart, circulation or lung diseases or other risk groups are recommended to undergo regular medical examinations.
In the finish area there are paramedics for medical assistance. The assistance to the organizer's posts by paramedics is included in the registration fee. Any necessary medical treatment on the course, transport to a clinic and any treatment in the clinic is not included in the registration fee.
17. The organizer and his partners assume no liability for risks of runners of all kinds, especially of a health nature. The runner is responsible for appearing at the start in a well-trained and physically healthy state. Insurance is the responsibility of the participant.
18. The organizer declines any liability towards spectators and third parties.
19. The organiser accepts no liability for items stored free of charge.
20. The current Swiss Olympic Doping Statute applies to this competition. Doping controls may be carried out. By participating, runners submit to the anti-doping rules of Swiss Olympic and acknowledge the exclusive competence of the Disciplinary Commission for Doping Cases of Swiss Olympic and the Tribunal Arbitral du Sport in Lausanne to the exclusion of the ordinary courts (see www.antidoping.ch ).
21. The organizer of the SwissCityMarathon is the SwissCityMarathon – Lucerne.
22. The place of jurisdiction is Lucerne.
23. The organizer reserves the right to make changes.
24. This version of the offical rules is an automated translation. The German version is valid. Subject to changes. If you have any questions, please contact us : Verein SwissCityMarathon – Lucerne, Würzenbachstrasse 13, 6006 Luzern, Schweiz, Tel: +41 (0)41 375 03 30, firstname.lastname@example.org.